Sunday 12 January 2014

Chocolate Fudge Cupcakes with Chocolate Buttercream

Last week was my first week back at work after an amazing two weeks off for Christmas. I knew I'd need something to help me through the Monday. I needed something quick and easy that I could make while my friend's birthday cake cooled, so I turned to my favourite all-in-one-bowl chocolate cupcake recipe. I topped them with chocolate buttercream and some silver dragees (my new word of the week) to give them a New Year's feel.


(Makes 12 deep cupcakes)
150g butter, softened
150g golden caster sugar
3 eggs, beaten
125g self-raising flour
25g cocoa powder 
1 tbsp milk

Preheat the oven to 180ºC and line the cupcake tin. Place all ingredients in a bowl and beak until smooth. Spoon the mixture into the cupcake cases, about two thirds full. Bake for about 15 minutes, or until a skewer comes out clean. Cool on a wire rack.

Chocolate Buttercream
2 tbsp cocoa powder
2tbsp boiling water
150g unsalted butter, softened
225g icing sugar

Blend the cocoa powder and water to a paste and leave to cool slightly. Beat the butter until light and fluffy. Gradually add in the icing sugar until well combined. Add in the cocoa powder paste and beat once more. Spoon mixture into a piping bag and pipe onto your cooled cupcakes.

No comments:

Post a Comment